Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dungeon Finder is too random, fix please

I don't know if it's just me or if everyone has as bad luck as I do, but the "Random Dungeon System" is actually completely random. So far, we've had 11 days since the patch, I've had Oculus once, HoL once, ToC once, Nexus once, UK once, UP once, AN once, OK once, DTK once, and Gundrak once. What really set me off was today, I didn't want to do HoS for the first time, dropped out came back later and got Forge of Souls! Can we PLEASE do something to make the system a little less random!

Just for thought, I do my one dungeon a day because you (Blizzard) feels end game raiders need to run dungeons and we do it since we don't have much of a choice to max our characters out. Assuming there are all 16 dungeons available for me to queue, the probability that I would get these dungeons in the order I have is 1 in 780,903,145.

During the time it took me to write this post, I queued up again, got Violet Hold, which makes it 1 in 6 billion (6,247,225,158) odds to get the dungeons in this order! It's obviously too random!

The large majority of players have no interest in doing several different dungeons, we would just like to do Oculus over and over again every day because that's such a fun and quick instance.

1 comment: